MORNINGTIME 2214

by Benjamin Munsell on October 20, 2016
MORNINGTIME 2214
 
I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;  One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Ephesians 4:1-7. How would this work as a Believers Theology and Hope of Faith when asked about what they believe? Every denomination has a plaque somewhere declaring what they believe and why. Some are somewhat Biblically based, some are way off the wall. Here's the problem. Back in the beginning of the denomination, the founders sat around and decided what they stood for, they wrote it down, and published it. For the sake of argument, let's say it was a good, well rounded, theological statement. If you look at that denomination today, AND WHAT THEY ACTUALLY PREACH AND LIVE OUT EVERYDAY, IT'S NOTHING LIKE THEIR ORIGINAL FAITH. No one preaches ALL the points of their original founding theology. It's a great statement to look at, but they are no longer Believing it. Even if they preach a 75% Gospel message, that leaves 25% error mixed in. For example, they tell you all about how to, come up front, say The Prayer, sign the card, join the church, and get a job in the church, and tell you, "Brother, you're now a Christian, whatever you do, Christ will never let you go", AND NEVER TELL YOU IT WILL COST YOU EVERYTHING, AND YOU PROBABLY WILL DIE FOR CHRIST AS YOU FULLY OBEY THE LEADING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. You're only giving them a partial gospel as they still die and go to Hell. The "christ" they offer, IS NO CHRIST AT ALL. Denominations are dead to the Christ of the Bible. They no longer Follow Him, and they will not, Be Blessed.
 
back